- SJI welcomes current Secondary 4 students, both boys and girls, to apply for DSA to JC1 in 2024. The SJI JC education leads to the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma.
- More information on the IB Diploma Programme (IBDP) can be found at SJI IB Diploma Programme. You can also read up on SJI IBDP in our Frequently Asked Questions.
- The school is located at 38, Malcolm Road, Singapore 308274.
- Information on the DSA-JC Exercise can be found at MOE’s website:
- Successful DSA-JC candidates will not be allowed to participate in the Joint Admissions Exercise. They will also not be allowed to transfer to another school after the release of the GCE O-Level examination results. They are expected to honour their commitment to the DSA-JC schools and to participate in activities related to the talent selected in, for the duration of the programme admitted to. Students who do not fulfil their DSA commitment without valid reason may be required to transfer out to another school.
DSA Main Categories and Talent Areas
- SJI invites interested applications in ONE of the following talent areas:
- The criteria for selection are based on the following:
a) Evidence on engagement and achievements in the talent area applied for;
b) Quality of mind
c) Personal and relational characteristics
d) Academic performance in Secondary 3 school results, with the L1R5 Aggregate Score based on the following subject groups
e) English essay and interview assessments.
f) Shortlisted Football candidates are required to attend a trial. Instructions will be emailed to the shortlisted candidates.
g) Shortlisted Music & Visual Arts candidates will be required to submit their music/art portfolio. Submission instructions will be emailed to the shortlisted candidates.
Only shortlisted applicants will be invited to sit for an in-person English essay, and attend an interview.
In the SJI IBDP, students are expected to participate in a range of Creativity, Activity and Service (CAS) activities over two years.
The SJI DSA-JC application will be open from 3 May to 26 June 2023, 12noon. Please note that incomplete and late applications will not be accepted.
Applications for the SJI DSA-JC are to be made online at http://app.sji.edu.sg/dsa_ib.
a) Upload the required documents, sign on the online application form, and click ‘Submit’.
b) The SJI online application portal will be locked on 26 June 2023 at 12noon.
- Submission must include the following:
a) Online application form duly signed and submitted.
b) A copy of Secondary 3 (end-of-year) results.
c) A copy of CCA records.
d) Any other supporting documents for the domain applied for.
Trial, Written Assessment and Interview
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend the following in-person. The tentative dates are as follows, please refer to the email for the specific date and time.
|8 July 2023 (Saturday)||Football Trial – Boys only|
|12, 13, 17, 18 July 2023||English essay & Interview|
For information on School Fees and Financial Assistance, please refer to https://www.sji.edu.sg/fees.
For information on Scholarships and Awards, please refer to https://www.sji.edu.sg/scholarships.
SJI reserves the rights not to release the results and reasons for non-selection.
Documents submitted in connection with the application are non-returnable regardless of whether the applicant is shortlisted.