1. The SJI Direct School Admission (DSA) to Year 1 in 2024 is open to applicants (boys only) interested in gaining admission to SJI. Interested applicants should be taking the Primary School Leaving Examination (PSLE) in 2023.
2. Returning Singaporeans and International Students who are not studying in MOE mainstream schools and not taking the PSLE are to approach the Ministry of Education, Singapore, for advice. Please refer to points 11 and 12.
3. SJI offers the four-year Singapore-Cambridge Secondary Education Certificate Programme (SECP) that leads to the Singapore-Cambridge Secondary Education Certificate and the six-year Integrated Programme (IP) that leads to the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma.
4. Parents and students are encouraged to choose schools wisely based on the student’s aptitudes and strengths, bearing in mind the schools’ academic and non-academic requirements, and the programmes available to develop the area of talent.
5. Students who are successfully admitted to the school via DSA are expected to honour their commitment to the school and programme, and participate in activities related to the talent they are selected for. They are not allowed to transfer to another secondary school for the duration of the course.
6. SJI is located at 38 Malcolm Road, Singapore 308274.
Programmes Open for DSA Application
7. SJI DSA-Secondary (DSA-Sec) exercise invites applicants for the Singapore-Cambridge Secondary Education Certificate Programme (SECP) and the Integrated Programme (IP) in the following categories and talent areas:
8. The table below summarises the requirements for the main categories and talent areas:
Please note that an applicant does not need to fulfil all the criteria to be considered for shortlisting. However, please note that meeting all the criteria does not guarantee that the applicant will be given an offer.
9. Application for DSA-Sec is to be submitted through MOE’s online DSA-Sec Portal. The application is free-of-charge and will be open from 4 May 2023, 11am to 31 May 2023, 3pm. For more details, please refer to MOE website – www.moe.gov.sg/dsa-sec.
10. Please note that the school is not able to accept late submissions.
Applicants Not Studying in MOE mainstream schools
11. Applicants not studying in MOE mainstream primary schools need to apply for a Registration Number (RGxxxxxxx) before they can apply through the DSA-Sec Portal. Please refer to MOE website at https://go.gov.sg/nmsdsa-sec-application
12. These include Singaporeans studying overseas, home-schooled students and international students studying in international schools in Singapore.
Portfolio / Trial / Interview
13. DSA Innovation and Visual Arts – shortlisted applicants will be required to submit a portfolio. Please refer to the email for submission instructions.
14. DSA Sports – all applicants (except Sailing) will be required to attend the sports trials on either 8 or 15 July, Saturday. Please refer to the email for the specific date and time.
15. Interview – only shortlisted applicants will be informed to attend an in-person interview, between 12 July to 11 August 2023.
Communication with Applicants
16. All communication will be made via email to the email address that is indicated in the online DSA-Sec Portal. Please ensure that the email address provided is accurate and that the email address is accessed actively during this period.
17. School will inform all DSA-Sec applicants of the outcome by 11 September 2023.
For information on School Fees and Financial Assistance, please refer to https://www.sji.edu.sg/fees
For information on Scholarships and Awards, please refer to https://www.sji.edu.sg/scholarships
SJI reserves the rights not to release the results and reasons for non-selection.
All documents submitted in connection with the application are non-returnable regardless of whether the applicant is shortlisted.