2013: First intake of Year 5 boys and girls into the SJI IB Diploma Programme
2014: First intake of Year 3 boys into IP Year 3
The SJI Integrated Programme (IP) leading to the IB Diploma aims to empower young people to deal with the complexity, diversity and rapid changes living in today’s globalized world.
This is achieved through an inter-disciplinary approach that integrates cutting-edge studies in the Arts & Design, Science & Technology, and Business & Enterprise (the Integrative Core) with broad-based foundational academic studies, provide opportunities for in-depth study in an area of talent and discovery of new areas of interest.
The SJI IP will also emphasize developments in the cognitive and affective domains, focusing particularly on thinking and communication, as well as character and leadership development.
Desired Student Outcomes
The SJI IP aims to nurture students to become persons who lead holistic, principled and meaningful lives that make a positive difference to the lives of others, through helping each student to discover and develop their unique vocation and talents. More specifically, the SJI IP will nurture future leaders for Singapore who will be ‘Persons of Integrity’ and ‘Persons for Others’, with a global outlook but strongly rooted in the Singapore culture and community.
The IP students will exhibit:
- Purpose-driven living. Passionate individuals driven by an internal moral compass and constantly strive for meaning in all they do
- Principled community leadership. Caring and people-oriented leaders who will focus on community building
- Strong inter-disciplinary foundation. Innovative thinkers and effective communicators grounded in a strong inter-disciplinary learning that synergizes arts & design, science & technology, and business
- Life-long learning dispositions. Reflective and self-directed life-long learners with strong habits of mind and a responsive attitude towards future challenges
- Rooted global citizenship. Global citizens in outlook but well grounded in their values, relationships and community.