Home > Admission > 'O'-Level & Integrated Programme > Admission to Integrated Programme Secondary 3 in AY2020
Admission to Integrated Programme Secondary 3 in AY2020
1. The SJI Integrated Programme (IP) Secondary 3 in AY2020 is open for application to boys in Secondary 2 in 2019 who are currently in the O-Level programme.
2. Non-SJI students who are admitted to their current Secondary School via DSA or by MOE via the AEIS, will not be considered for this admission exercise.
3. Application for admission to the SJI IP Secondary 3 in AY2020 is to be made online at http://app.sji.edu.sg/IP3.
4. Online application opens on 15 July 2019 and closes on 7 August 2019, 12.00 noon.
5. All the fields in the form are compulsory, unless otherwise indicated.
6. Upon submission of the online application, applicants are to print a hardcopy of the completed form and submit it with supporting documents to the SJI Student Services Office at 38 Malcolm Road, Singapore 308274, between 8.00am to 5.00pm, Mondays to Fridays (except public holidays) by 7 August 2019, 5.00pm. We will not accept late applications / submissions.
7. For non-SJI applicants, the supporting documents required are:
a) Secondary 1 and 2 results
b) CCA records
c) Any other supporting documents
Registration for the General Ability Test (GAT)
8. Immediately after submitting an online application to SJI, applicants are to register for the General Ability Test (GAT) administered by the Principal’s Academy Inc (PAI). Registration is to be made via GAT Registration.
9. The GAT is compulsory for all applicants including those who have taken it at Primary 6, as well as students who were in MOE’s Gifted Education Programme (GEP) in primary school.
10. The registration fee of $74.90 (inclusive of GST), is non-refundable and payable to PAI who will be conducting the GAT. Applicants who are recipients of the Financial Assistance Scheme (FAS) will have the fee waived upon producing the necessary documents.
11. The GAT is scheduled to take place on Thursday, 5 September 2019 at 3pm. Please note that there is no replacement date for the test. The venue will be at SJI Indoor Sports Hall (ISH) Training Room.
12. The GAT results will not be released to students.
13. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an interview.
14. Selection for admission is based on the following criteria:
a) Consistent excellent academic performance at the Secondary 1 and Secondary 2 (i.e. ≥65% for the overall computation for each subject);
b) performance in the General Ability Test (GAT);
c) portfolio on special academic awards, achievements, co-curricular activities, leadership and community development programmes;
d) performance at the interview.
Communication with Applicants
15. All communication will be made via email. Please ensure that the email addresses provided in the application form are valid. It is strongly advised that two email addresses be provided so that the message can get through one if the other fails. Please see below for the schedule of activities.
16. SJI reserves the rights not to release the results and reasons for non-selection. Please note that all documents submitted in connection with the application are non-returnable.
SCHEDULE FOR THE ADMISSION EXERCISE TO SECONDARY 3 IP IN AY2020
|15 July 2019, 12.00 noon||
SJI online application opens
GAT online application opens
|7 August 2019, 12.00 noon||
SJI online application closes
GAT online application closes
|By 7 August 2019, 5.00pm||Submit hardcopy of completed application form with supporting documents to the SJI Student Services Office at 38 Malcolm Road, Singapore 308274|
|5 September 2019, 3.00pm||GAT Test|
|10 October 2019
15 October 2019
|Email notification to shortlisted External applicants for interview
Email notification to shortlisted SJI applicants for interview
|17 October 2019||Shortlisted applicants to attend an interview session|
|By 6 November 2019||SJI notifies successful applicants who are admitted to IP Sec 3 in AY2020|
Information is accurate as of 15 July 2019.