International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme
SJI admits students from both SJI and other secondary schools via two routes:
1) Joint Admissions Exercise (JAE)
Admission into the SJI IBDP is primarily via the JAE which is conducted by the Ministry of Education (MOE). It is based on the student’s GCE ‘O’ Level L1R5 Aggregate Score. In accordance with the guidelines provided by MOE, SJI's Secondary 4 OP students will not receive bonus points for being an affiliated School. Bonus points for CCA and Higher Mother Tongue are applicable for admission.
2) Direct School Admission (DSA)
The Direct School Admission (DSA) Exercise aims to promote holistic education by providing greater flexibility in selecting students while holding to the key principles of transparency and meritocracy. For students, the DSA provides them with the opportunity to demonstrate a more diverse range of achievements and talents in seeking admission to secondary schools. For more information, please visit the DSA@SJI page.
Unless there are exceptional circumstances, we do not admit students into SJI who have not sat for the Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘O’ Level or the School Placement Exercise for Returning Singaporeans – Junior College and Millennia Institute (SPERS-JC/MI) conducted by the Ministry of Education (MOE).
Transfer from Another MOE School
Admission to the SJI International Baccalaureate is conducted through the Ministry of Education (MOE) via the Joint Admissions Exercise (JAE) and is solely based on students’ performance in the Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘O’ Level Examinations. Students who are currently in the Integrated Programme (IP) are expected to complete and benefit from the customised 6-year IP programme of your current school. Should you require advice and guidance on this matter, please refer to the school authorities in your current school.
Returning Singaporeans who would like to gain admission into SJI are to approach the Ministry of Education to register for the SPERS-JC/MI. The advantage of registering for the MOE SPERS-JC/MI is that the results could be used to gain admission into the best available Junior College in order of merit that has a vacancy without the need for further testing by the school.
International students who wish to gain admission MUST approach the Ministry of Education, Singapore for advice.
Admission by GCE O-Level Results
|Year of Admission||2022||2021||2020||2019||2018||2017||2016||2015||2014|
|GCE ‘O’ Level - L1R5||7||8||7||7||8||7||7||6||7|
|L1||First Language||English / Higher Mother Tongue|
|R5||Relevant Subject 1||Humanities / Higher Art / Higher Music / Malay (Special Programme) / Chinese (Special Programme) / Bahasa Indonesia|
|Relevant Subject 2||Mathematics / Science|
|Relevant Subject 3||Humanities / Higher Art / Higher Music / Mathematics / Science / Malay (Special Programme) / Chinese (Special Programme) / Bahasa Indonesia|
|Relevant Subject 4||Any GCE ‘O’ Level subject excluding CCA and Religious Knowledge|
|Relevant Subject 5||Any GCE ‘O’ Level subject excluding CCA and Religious Knowledge|
Appeal for Admission to Year 5 in 2022
Please read these instructions carefully before making an appeal application.
The two-year programme in SJI leads to the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma, not the GCE ‘A-Level. More information on the SJI IB is available from the websites: www.sji.edu.sg and www.ibo.org.
Appeals for admission to SJI Year 5 will close on Thursday, 10 February 2022, at 12 noon.
Students appealing for admission to SJI MUST meet this year’s cut-off point (COP) of L1R5 (net) 7 points.
- Places available for admission to SJI via appeal are limited. If there are vacancies, only students who meet the COP for the year will be considered.
- Students who have been successfully admitted to a school through Direct School Admission (DSA-JC) are not allowed to transfer to another school. These students are expected to commit to their DSA school for the duration of the programme.
- Students who are currently in the Integrated Programme (IP) are strongly encouraged to complete and benefit from the customised 6-year IP programme of your current school. Should you require advice and guidance on this matter, please refer to the school authorities in your current school.
- Recent photograph
- JAE Form A with L1R5 score
- Sec 3 & Sec 4 school results
- JAE Choice of Courses submitted (12 choices)
- Evidential document to support your appeal (if any)
- Please submit your appeal application online via this link: https://go.gov.sg/sjiappeal-year5-2022
- Applications will close on 10 February 2022, at 12 noon
- Please note that the school will not accept submission by hand, via email or by post. And, we will not be able to accept late submissions.
Only successful applicants will be notified. If you do not hear from us by 10 February 2022, you may assume that your appeal is unsuccessful.
PENDING THE OUTCOME OF THE APPEAL, STUDENTS ARE TO REPORT TO THE JUNIOR COLLEGE THAT THEY ARE POSTED TO.