Careers @ SJI
SJI invites teachers and administrators who are highly motivated and have the relevant expertise and experience to join the school. SJI expects those who are considering a career with the school to share our mission of nurturing young people to become men and women of integrity and men and women for others.
For those who are considering a teaching career with SJI, we welcome individuals who:
- are self-motivated and collaborative in their approach to work,
- know their subject discipline well,
- are constantly seeking to improve their practices to bring about better learning for our students,
- enjoy engaging and guiding our boys in developing a moral compass, in pursuing their passion and in striving for meaning in their lives, and
- are willing to be part of the SJI team of educators who strive to develop themselves professionally and to foster a Lasallian community in our Institution.
For those who are considering an administrative or support career with SJI, we welcome individuals who:
- are self-motivated and work well in a team,
- are keen to learn,
- are constantly seeking to improve our systems and processes to support teaching and learning,
- take pride in service,
- enjoy working with young people, and
- see themselves building the Lasallian community of SJI.
- Head / Humanities (IB) (with subject specialisation in Geography)
- Chemistry Teacher
- Geography Teacher
- Mathematics Teacher
- Chinese Language Teacher
•School Laboratory Technician
· have some years of relevant experience
· possess GCE ‘O’ Level passes, particularly in the Science subjects and/or relevant higher qualifications and is expected to perform the following duties:
(a) Inspect gas and water taps.
(b) Treat bench tops such as painting of fittings and equipment.
(c) Check the contents of cupboards and lockers.
(d) Inspect and overhaul apparatus.
(e) Overhaul chemical and biological stocks.
(a) Prepare an inventory of stocks annually and submit to Head of Department/Subject Head for checking by the end of every semester.
(b) Attend courses and read appropriate publications to upgrade skills relevant to the job and keep abreast with health and safety requirements and with developments in practical science.