Entry Into Secondary 1
Admission By PSLE Results
- SJI is an all-boys secondary school from Year 1 to 4.
- Admission to SJI is by merit only, based on the student's Primary School Leaving Examinations (PSLE) scores.
- Returning Singaporeans who would like to be admitted into Secondary 1 are advised to sit for the SPERS-Sec papers.
- Foreign students who would like to be admitted into Secondary 1 should have sat for the PSLE examinations and would be admitted based on their PSLE scores. Unless there are exceptional circumstances, foreign students without PSLE scores would not be admitted into Secondary 1.
|Year of Sec 1 Admission||Integrated Programme (IP)||'O' Level Programme (OP)
|'O' Level Programme (OP)
* SJI’s affiliated primary schools:
6. Parents and students should refer to the MOE guide on the selection of secondary schools:
- Secondary 1 (S1) posting process
- New PSLE Scoring System
- A Secondary School That's Suitable For Your Child.pdf
- PSLE Infosheet to Schools.pdf
- Find SJI on MOE School Finder
- Visit SJI Virtual Open House
Admission by Appeal
- Please read these instructions carefully before making an appeal application.
- The appeal for admission to SJI opens on Wednesday, 22 December 2021 and closes on Tuesday, 28 December 2021, 12pm.
- Applicants appealing for admission to SJI MUST meet the cut-off point (COP) of the particular programme. The COPs for admission to Secondary 1 2022 are as follows:
- Information on school fees and financial assistance are available on our school website: https://www.sji.edu.sg/fees
- Please note that places available for admission to SJI via appeal are limited. There will only be vacancies if students posted to SJI decide to transfer out. If there are vacancies, only students who meet the COP for the year will be considered.
- MOE’s no transfer policy for students who have been successfully placed in a Secondary School via Direct School Admissions (DSA) apply.
- Please submit your appeal application online via this link: https://go.gov.sg/sjiappeal-year1-2022
- You will require the following documents for uploading in the online appeal form:
- A recent photograph of the applicant
- A copy of his PSLE results slip with the PSLE score
- A copy of his Primary 5 school results
- A copy of his S1 Option Form (choice of Secondary Schools)
- Any other documentary evidence to support your application
- Applications will close on 28 December 2021, 12pm.
- Please note that the school will not accept submission by hand, via email or by post. And we will not be able to accept late submissions.
- Only successful applicants will be informed. If you do not hear from the school by 10 January 2022, you may assume that your application is unsuccessful.
- Please note:
Pending the outcome of your appeal, students are to report to the Secondary School that they are posted to.
|O-Level Programme (OP)||12||10|
|Integrated Programme (IP)||N.A.||8|
Admission by DSA
The Direct School Admission (DSA) Exercise aims to promote holistic education by giving participating schools greater flexibility in selecting students while holding to the key principles of transparency and meritocracy. For students, the DSA provides them with the opportunity to demonstrate a more diverse range of achievements and talents in seeking admission to secondary schools. For more information, please visit the DSA@SJI page.