Home > Admission > International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) > Admission criteria
Admission to SJI
Students are admitted into SJI based on the merit of their Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘O’ Level Examination. Those with talents in sports and leadership can be admitted via Direct School Admission (DSA).
Unless there are exceptional circumstances, we do not admit students into SJI who have not sat for the Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘O’ Level or the School Placement Exercise for Returning Singaporeans – Junior College and Millennia Institute (SPERS-JC/MI) conducted by the Ministry of Education (MOE).
Appeal for Admission to Year 5 in 2020
Please read these instructions carefully before making an appeal application.
The two-year programme in SJI leads to the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma, not the GCE ‘A’ Level. More information on the SJI IB Diploma Programme is available at www.sji.edu.sg and www.ibo.org
The appeal for admission to SJI Year 5 2020 will close on Monday 10 February 2020, at 5pm.
Students appealing for admission to SJI MUST meet this year's cut-off point (COP) of L1R5 (net) 7 points.
- Places available for admission to SJI via appeal are limited. If there are vacancies, only students who meet the COP for the year will be considered.
- Students who have been successfully placed in a Junior College via Direct School Admission – Junior Colleges (DSA-JC) are expected to honour the commitment to the DSA school.
- Students who are currently in the Integrated Programme (IP) are strongly encouraged to complete and benefit from the customised 6-year IP programme of your current school. Should you require advice and guidance on this matter, please refer to the school authorities in your current school.
- A copy of the completed and duly signed appeal form [click here to download]
- Recent photograph
- JAE Form A with L1R5 score
- Sec 3 & Sec 4 school results
- Testimonial from current school (if any)
- JAE course preference verification slip (12 choices)
Submission via email OR by hand:
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject header: “Y5 Appeal – [Applicant’s name]”
- By hand to the SJI Student Services Office at 38 Malcolm Road, Singapore 308274. Opening hours: Monday to Friday – 8.00am to 5.00pm
Only successful applicants will be notified. If you do not hear from us by 10 February 2020, you may assume that your application is unsuccessful.
PENDING THE OUTCOME OF THE APPEAL, STUDENTS ARE TO REPORT TO THE JUNIOR COLLEGE THAT THEY ARE POSTED TO.
Returning Singaporeans who would like to gain admission into SJI are to approach the Ministry of Education to register for the SPERS-JC/MI. The advantage of registering for the MOE SPERS-JC/MI is that the results could be used to gain admission into the best available Junior College in order of merit that has a vacancy without the need for further testing by the school.
Transfer from Another MOE School
Admission to the SJI International Baccalaureate is conducted through the Ministry of Education (MOE) via the Joint Admissions Exercise (JAE) and is solely based on students’ performance in the Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘O’ Level Examinations. Students who are currently in the Integrated Programme (IP) are strongly encouraged to complete and benefit from the customised 6-year IP programme of your current school. We will be happy to accept your DSA-JC application if there are extenuating circumstances for your application. Should you require advice and guidance on this matter, please refer to the school authorities in your current school.
International students who wish to gain admission MUST approach the Ministry of Education, Singapore for advice.