Home > Admission > International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) > Admission criteria
Admission to SJI
Students are admitted into SJI based on the merit of their Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘O’ Level Examination. Those with talents in sports and leadership can be admitted via Direct School Admission (DSA).
Unless there are exceptional circumstances, we do not admit students into SJI who have not sat for the Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘O’ Level or the School Placement Exercise for Returning Singaporeans – Junior College and Millennia Institute (SPERS-JC/MI) conducted by the Ministry of Education (MOE).
Appeal for Admission to SJI Year 5 in 2019
The two-year programme in SJI leads to the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma, not the GCE ‘A’ Level. More information on the SJI IB Diploma Programme is available from the website: www.sji.edu.sg and www.ibo.org
The appeal for admission to SJI Year 5 will close on Thursday, 7 February 2019, at 5pm.
Students appealing for admission to SJI MUST meet the cut-off point (COP) of L1R5 7 points.
- Places available for admission to SJI via appeal are limited. If there are vacancies, only students who meet the COP for the year will be considered.
- Students who have been successfully placed in a Junior College via Direct School Admission – Junior Colleges (DSA-JC) are expected to honour the commitment to the DSA school.
- Students who are currently in the Integrated Programme (IP) are strongly encouraged to complete and benefit from the customised 6-year IP programme of your current school. Should you require advice and guidance on this matter, please refer to the school authorities in your current school.
A copy of the completed and duly signed form is to be submitted together with the following:
- Recent photograph
- GCE O-Level results
- CCA records
- Testimonial from current school
- Form A – JAE course preference verification slip (12 choices)
The hardcopy of the completed form with the supporting documents are to be submitted by hand to the SJI Student Services Office at 38 Malcolm Road, Singapore 308274 by 5pm on Thursday, 7 February 2019. Please note that the school only accepts hardcopy submission by hand; we do not accept submission via email or by post.
The opening hours of the Student Services Office are:
• Monday to Friday – 8.00am to 5.00pm
• Monday, 4 February 2019 (Eve of Chinese New Year) – 8.00am to 12noon
• Closed on 5 & 6 February 2019 (Chinese New Year), Saturday and Sunday.
Only successful applicants will be notified. If you do not hear from us by 13 February 2019, you may assume that your application is unsuccessful.
PENDING THE OUTCOME OF THE APPEAL, STUDENTS ARE TO REPORT TO THE JUNIOR COLLEGE THAT THEY ARE POSTED TO.
Click on the links below to download:
Returning Singaporeans who would like to gain admission into SJI are to approach the Ministry of Education to register for the SPERS-JC/MI. The advantage of registering for the MOE SPERS-JC/MI is that the results could be used to gain admission into the best available Junior College in order of merit that has a vacancy without the need for further testing by the school.
Transfer from Another MOE School
Admission to the SJI International Baccalaureate is conducted through the Ministry of Education (MOE) via the Joint Admissions Exercise (JAE) and is solely based on students’ performance in the Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘O’ Level Examinations. Students who are currently in the Integrated Programme (IP) are strongly encouraged to complete and benefit from the customised 6-year IP programme of your current school. We will be happy to accept your DSA-JC application if there are extenuating circumstances for your application. Should you require advice and guidance on this matter, please refer to the school authorities in your current school.
International students who wish to gain admission MUST approach the Ministry of Education, Singapore for advice.